Thursday, November 29, 2007

Writing Style Changes

English 101 has helped me alot with my writing techniques. The most important thing I have learned is that every good paper has a thesis sentence. In high school, my English teacher never explained the importance of a thesis sentence. She also told us to make we had a organized our paper properly. Another lesson I have learned is the proper way to use commas. I have always have trouble on my comma usage. I believe that in high school my teachers didn't really care if we were using comma the right way, so they never really showed us how to. While writing papers may be hard it is especially hard when you are use to using slang and short terms while email and texting. While writing some of my papers I have found my self trying to shorten some of my words. As a method of keeping me from using shorten terms while writing my papers I try to spell my words out while texting. My overall experience in the class was wonderful. My writing has greatly improved since the beginning of the semester.

No comments: